Saint Peter’s Catholic School, an integral ministry of a dynamic, urban, multi-cultural and historic Catholic parish located in downtown Columbia, is seeking to fill the following positions:
Historic St. Peter’s Catholic School is accepting applications for a Principal. Located in Columbia, S.C., just steps from the University of South Carolina and the South Carolina State House, St. Peter’s begins its 166th academic year this fall. The school offers K4 through 6th-grade students an academically challenging education in a loving, faith-filled environment. Our mission is to prepare our students for lives of faith, virtue, and excellence.
Under the supervision of the pastor, the principal serves as the spiritual, instructional and administrative leader of the school. The principal is responsible for all aspects of day-to-day operations in compliance with both state and Diocesan requirements. The principal will also envision and implement a long-range strategic plan that addresses academic standards, student recruitment, and faculty development.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A practicing, deeply committed Catholic, with a passion for Catholic education and preferably, willing to live out his/her faith within the parish
- A minimum of five years teaching experience with a Master’s degree in School Administration, or willing to attain the Master’s degree within five years of employment
- Expertise in educational best practices and individualized approaches to instruction
- Experience with innovative trends in education and technology integration
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Effective leader of professionals, parents, and volunteers, possessing a team mindset
Salary is negotiable. For more information about the school, please see our website: StPetersCatholicSchool.org. Please submit resume and letter of interest, with a statement of educational philosophy and leadership experience, to: Mrs. Emily Hero, Principal Search Committee, St. Peter’s Catholic School, 1035 Hampton Street, Columbia, S.C. 29201, or email: PrincipalSearch@StPetersCatholicSchool.org.
Requirements: BA in Elementary or Early Childhood Education; practicing Catholic; strong written and verbal communication skills; appropriate knowledge of child development and classroom management; proficient with Instructional technology. A valid SC teaching certification is required; an applicant who does not have this credential will be required to obtain one within the time period prescribed by the Diocese of Charleston.
Please submit resume and letter of interest to Principal Kathy Preston at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the subject line: Classroom Teacher Position.