Kindergarten for Four Year Olds
St. Peter’s School provides a safe, loving environment for four-year-old students. In our classes, children are encouraged to explore and discover the wonders of God’s world. Through rich, sensory experiences (seeing, hearing, touching), they master the basics of learning readiness.
Units of study or “themes” are organized in several centers within a single classroom. These centers engage students in creative play and experiential learning. Readiness activities include language arts, math, social studies, science, and religion.
- learning through play
- multi-sensory, center-based, literature rich
- focus on acclimating children to an academic environment, where they feel secure and experience learning as engaging and fun
Kindergarten for Five Year Olds
- also multi-sensory, center-based, and literature rich
- with emphasis on writing skills, reading readiness, foundational math skills
- Includes “The Daily Five” literacy program (The Daily Five, a series of literacy tasks that help students develop daily habits of reading and writing that will lead to a lifetime of independent literacy.)
- pre-first grade curriculum skills
In our Kindergarten 4 and Kindergarten 5, there is a teacher and an assistant. Every child is given the individual attention needed. Our teachers nurture and challenge our young students, who learn to love learning. This is key to their future success.
Come visit our classes and see how happy our students are to learn. You will experience the difference St. Peter’s can make in the life of your child. For a personal tour at your convenience, please contact Mrs. Emily Hero, Development Director, 779-0036, or use the email contact form at the bottom of this page. Choose “Admissions.” For upcoming 60-Minute Information Sessions for Parents, please click here.