Dear K5 Families,
I enjoyed seeing some of you at the Angels in the Vista Auction last Friday night. Thank you for supporting your child’s school!
This week we will be celebrating our love for one another as well as God’s love for us! Children will be learning about Lent and the true meaning behind Valentine’s Day! Children will learn that the Lenten season is a time for them to change and become more like Jesus. They can do this by praying and doing good deeds.
Our Valentine’s Day celebration will be held on Wednesday, February 14 at 1:45pm in the K5 classroom. Don’t forget your Valentines box! If you have any questions please email me at email@example.com or refer to the letter I sent home and emailed last week.
Week of February 12 – 15:
Theme and Unit of Study
Lent and Valentine’s Day
Language and Literacy
Sight Words: review week
Comprehension skills and strategies
Adding sums of 10 in vertical form using a ten-frame
Assessing addition skills
Lent is Good
- Tuesday, February 13 – K4-3rd, Land of Smiles
- Wednesday, February 14 – Ash Wednesday/Mass/K5 Valentine’s Day Celebration
- Friday, February 16 – In-service, No school
- Monday, February 19 – President’s Day, No school
- Tuesday, February 20 – Progress Reports issued
Have a great week!
Your K5 Team: Mrs. Creech and Ms. Moore