Dear K-5 Parents,
It has been a pleasure to work with each of your children this year! I am very grateful to have met each and every one of them. The ending of the school year may not have ended as we had expected, but I am thankful we had so many opportunities to meet through Zoom and Google Classroom. This summer, a kindergarten review packet will be sent via email.
I wanted to thank all of the K-5 parents once more for all the incredible work put into this school year, especially during this distance learning process. Thank you again for all your support and kindness.
I hope everyone has a fantastic, fun-filled summer!
Kindergarten Supply List 2020-2021
Mrs. Tara Gilliam, Teacher
- Tri-fold sleep mat- 45”Lx19”Wx1”H (The mats are red & blue. Due to storage limitations in our room, we cannot allow mats that are larger than these dimensions. Any mat that is larger will be sent home and a new mat will have to be purchased. The required mat size is available at Wal-Mart.)
- 1 Back Pack (Please make sure the Back Pack can hold a small blanket for quiet time and a letter size folder; Please NO wheels, animal shaped, or messenger bags.)
- 1 Water Bottle (students will need to bring a water bottle daily to school filled with water only. Please make sure your child knows how to open and close the water bottle.)
- 2 BLUE sturdy plastic folders with pockets
- 1 pair round tipped scissors for school and 1 pair for home. If your child is left-handed, please make sure to buy left-handed scissors.
- Full change of uniform clothing (place in a large zip lock bag to be kept in your child’s backpack)
Please label the above your items with child’s name. Thanks
1 BLUE pencil box
1 box Crayola crayons (16 count)
1 package of Crayola washable markers (10 count)
1 bottle of Elmer’s liquid school glue (4 ounces)
2 large boxes of tissue
2 reams of white copy paper
1 package of baby wipes
1 large container Lysol/Clorox disinfectant wipes
2 black and white marbled composition books
Girls: 1 package of white cardstock
Boys: 1 play-doh 4-pack assorted colors
1 bottle of plain (fragrance free) hand soap
Optional: Face Mask
Kindergarten Reading List 2020-2021
Mrs. Tara Gilliam, Teacher
Research has shown that single greatest factor in predicting reading success is whether a child is read to when young. Here are just some suggestions to get you started!
By: Donald Crews
Ten Little Fish
By: Audrey Wood
Hop on Pop
By: Dr. Seuss
The Mixed Up Chameleon
By: Eric Carle
By: Margaret Wise Brown
Any Easy Readers Level One
Summer Bridge activity book highly recommended for practice of taught skills in K-4.
1035 Hampton Street * Columbia, South Carolina 29201 * 803-252-8285