I hope everyone is having a great week. The children thoroughly enjoyed learning about the Legend of the Lenten Pretzel on Friday. I hope they came home and excitingly shared with you everything they learned.
I sent home a letter yesterday regarding the Easter Egg Hunt. If you have any questions or would like to volunteer please email me as soon as possible.
Please take the time each day to look through your child’s homework folder and work with them. Every Tuesday your child completes the first sheet of each new word family in their small groups; the remainder are for homework.
Note: Please remind your child to treat the books in our classroom nicely. We’ve discussed how to treat them, but have had many damaged in the past two weeks.
This Week in K5:
Theme and Unit of Study: Easter
Religion: The Jellybean Prayer and Stations of the Cross
Language and Literacy:
- Phonics Skills: Blending and segmenting phonemes, pausing for punctuation, and reading with fluency
- Comprehension Skills/Strategies: Cause and Effect and Sequence of Events
- Genre: Fiction – a story that is made up.
- Sight Words: go, here, soon, for, they, up
Math: Addition and Subtraction review. After spring break we will begin our unit on Money.
- Tuesday, April 9 — PTO Meeting in Neglia Hall at 5:30pm
- Wednesday, April 10 — School Mass (Mass uniform)
- Friday, April 12 — K5 Easter Eggstravaganza at 10:30am and 11:30am dismissal
- Monday, April 15 – Monday, April 22 — Spring/Easter break
Have a great week!
Your K5 Team: Mrs. Creech and Ms. Moore