On Friday, we had the opportunity to celebrate the 100th Day of School and Groundhog Day with the Second Graders! The children as well as the teachers enjoyed many one hundred related activities! K5 students also had their first of several Junior Achievement sessions. They learned about the importance of making good choices.
Week of February 4-8:
Theme and Unit of Study: Arctic Animals
Religion: God Calls Us to Make Good Choices
Language and Literacy:
- Lesson Topic: Weather
- Phonics Skills: Blend phonemes and final sound
- Comprehension Skills/Strategies: Monitoring and clarifying
- Grammar: Subject and Verb
- Genre: Fiction
- Sight Words: come, me, with, my
Math: Reviewing addition sentences and beginning reading and adding numbers in vertical form
- Please make sure you pack a snack daily for your child.
- Please take at least 20 minutes a night to read with your child!
- Wednesday, February 6 – Mass
- Tuesday, February 12 – PTO Meeting at 5:30pm
- Monday, February 18 – No School
- Saturday, March 2 – Angels in the Vista Auction for St. Peter’s at 6:30pm
Have a great week!
Your K5 Team: Mrs. Creech and Ms. Moore