Hello K5 Families,
This week we are celebrating the birthday of one of the most popular children’s authors of all time, Dr. Seuss. Dr. Seuss wrote over 40 children’s books, and this week we will be reading and discussing our favorite ones! The children have been learning about his use of rhyme and unique characters.
Week of February 26 – March 1:
Theme and Unit of Study: Dr. Seuss
Language and Literacy: Comprehension skills and strategies
Sight Words: where, is, how, many
Math: The concept of taking away a given number of objects from a group to the operation of subtraction. Subtracting 1 from numbers 1-9 using manipulatives.
Religion: Forgiveness is Good
What Did K5 Do Last Week?:
We ended our week with the “K5 Winter Olympics” in PE! The children had so much fun! Everyone received a gold medal!
- Wednesday, February 28 – Mass
- Friday, March 2 – In-service, no school
- Monday, March 19 – 2pm Dismissal (Aftercare available)
- March 29-April 6 – Easter Break
- Please encourage your child to earn money for the Catholic Service Rice Bowls.
Hope you have a SEUSS-TASTICAL week!
Your K5 Team: Mrs. Creech and Ms. Moore