Hello K5 Families,
With spring right around the corner, we have a lot to look forward to! This week we will be learning about the life cycle of a butterfly. Your child will learn that unlike humans, butterflies transform or change shape through four different stages during their lifetime: egg, caterpillar (larva), chrysalis (pupa), and adult butterfly. This process is known as metamorphosis.
We will be playing The Butterfly Song in class throughout the week! This song teaches kids about the life cycle of a butterfly, butterfly body parts, a butterfly’s diet, the predators of a butterfly, and so much more!
Week of March 5 – 9:
Theme and Unit of Study: Life Cycle of a Butterfly
Language and Literacy: Letter sound Gg and comprehension skills and strategies
Sight Words: from, find, but, on
Math: The concept of taking away a given number of objects from a group to the operation of subtraction.
Sorting and graphing
Religion: Forgiveness is Good
What K5 Did Last Week:
- Wednesday, March 7 – Mass
- Monday, March 19 – 2pm Dismissal (Aftercare available)
- Wednesday, March 21 – End of 3rd Quarter
- Thursday, March 22 – 4th Quarter Begins
- March 29-April 6 – Easter Break
- Please encourage your child to earn money for the Catholic Service Rice Bowls.
Have a great week!
Your K5 Team: Mrs. Creech and Ms. Moore