St. Peter’s School provides a safe, loving environment for four-year-old students. In our classes, children are encouraged to explore and discover the wonders of God’s world. Through rich, sensory experiences (seeing, hearing, touching), they master the basics of learning readiness.
Units of study or “themes” are organized in several centers within a single classroom. These centers engage students in creative play and experiential learning. Readiness activities include language arts, math, social studies, science, and religion.
4-year-old Kindergarten emphasizes:
- Learning through play
- Multi-sensory, center-based, literature-rich
- Focus on acclimating children to an academic environment, where they feel secure and experience learning as engaging and fun.
Kindergarten for Five-Year-Olds
Kindergarten for five-year-olds is:
- Multi-sensory, center-based, and literature-rich
- Emphasis on writing skills, reading readiness, foundational math skills
- Pre-first grade curriculum skills
In our K4 and K5, there is a teacher and an assistant. Every child is given the individual attention needed. Our teachers nurture and challenge our young students, who learn to love learning. This is key to their future success.
Come to visit our classes and see how happy our students are to learn. You will experience the difference St. Peter’s can make in the life of your child. For a personal tour at your convenience, please contact Mrs. Alana Jordan, Development Director, 803.252.8285, or use the email contact form at the bottom of this page.