Returning to in-class instruction
A Tradition of Excellence
For almost 170 years, Saint Peter’s Parochial School has provided Catholics and non-Catholics an unbroken legacy of academic excellence grounded in faith and the practice of virtues. Our school survived the Civil War and every other societal challenge and we are poised, yet again, to help children and families adapt to the uncertainties of COVID-19.
Our public schools are facing disarray – already coping with too many students and too few teachers. With the added uncertainties of COVID-19, they may have to totally alternate their schedules further decreasing direct student education.
Parents need more certainty both in terms of class schedules and safety and the start of the 2020-2021 school year is just around the corner.
The St. Peter’s Advantage
- Smaller classes:
- We can easily achieve safe social distancing guidelines.
- Our student-teacher ratio is 15:1, a benefit to students who may need to catch up from the modified spring semester.
- Traditional, in-classroom instruction, 5 days per week. We won’t require longer days or odd schedules that frustrate routines for both students and parents.
- The inherent flexibility of a private school to adapt to changing needs/requirements related to the virus.
- Our focus on faith, to understand and cope with the emotional toll the virus has had on students and families.
These advantages mean that students can safely return to a scholastic environment and families can return to some degree of normalcy.
Safety is Our Priority
Understanding that safety remains of utmost concern to all, new protocols will include:
- six feet of distance between students in the classroom,
- staff masks,
- optional student masks,
- daily temperature checks,
- staggered recess,
- frequent hand-washing and use of hand sanitizer,
- guided traffic flows on campus,
- interior and exterior safety signage, and
- immediate notification to all families if a student or staff member is determined to have been infected.
Choose St. Peter’s
As you evaluate your options for August for your own children or another beloved child in your life, consider St. Peter’s Catholic School. Our tuition is a fraction of the cost of other private schools. Further, we offer monthly payments, discounts for families with multiple children, and need-based tuition assistance.
Enrollment is capped at 135 to maintain safe social distancing and an ideal student-teacher ratio — act quickly before all available seats are filled.