As we begin our Lenten season, kindergarten is learning about doing good deeds to help others in need!
“I am going to do something to fill someone’s bucket today.”Have You Filled a Bucket Today? By Carol McCloud and Illustrated by David Messing
Tomorrow, Wednesday, March 13, your child will be having their kindergarten graduation photo taken. Please have your child come to school dressed in formal attire for Mass and individual photo. They will change into school uniforms (normal Mass attire) after individual photos are taken in order to take a class photo. Please refer to the letter that was sent home last week!
Also, starting next week your child will be bringing home a daily homework folder. The folder will contain weekly math and word work, sight words, and leveled readers from our reading series. A letter will be sent home next week with the folder to explain the process. We are so eager to witness the excitement as your child’s ability to read improves and grows!
This Week in K5:
Theme and Unit of Study: Rainbows
Religion: Good Deeds and St. Patrick
Language and Literacy:
- Phonics Skills: Blending words and phonemes and pausing for punctuation.
- Comprehension Skills/Strategies: Identifying details and the main idea
- Genre: Informational text – gives facts about a topic.
- Sight Words: is, of, many, how, so, where
Math: Completing subtraction sentences
- Please make sure your child has a snack DAILY.
- Please take at least 20 minutes a night to read with your child!
- Wednesday, March 13 – School Mass and Kindergarten Graduation Pictures
- Saturday, March 16 – St. Patrick’s Day Parade in 5 Points. St. Peter’s students are invited to walk in the morning parade
- Monday, March 18 – 2pm dismissal
Have a great week!
Your K5 Team: Mrs. Creech and Ms. Moore