I hope everyone is having a great week. Please note that our Spring Musical Performance is on Thursday. Please arrive by 6:30 at the USC Band Hall. It will be an incredible performance and a wonderful opportunity for your children’s talents to shine!
Also, I will be finishing the Fountas & Pinnell Reading Benchmark Tests this week. I am proud of all the progress the kids have made this year. Once I am finished, I will send home your child’s Independent and Instructional Levels. Students will also be taking the MAP Math Growth test tomorrow. On Monday, May 13 they will take the MAP Reading Growth test. Please make sure your child is getting plenty of rest and a good breakfast.
Once again, please keep in mind that May is a very busy month. It is important to check your child’s folder for information and details regarding upcoming events.
This Week in K5:
Theme and Unit of Study: Ocean Animals
Religion: Important Prayers
Language and Literacy:
- Phonics Skills: Blending, segmenting and substituting phonemes, pausing for punctuation, and reading with fluency.
- Comprehension Skills/Strategies: Finding the main idea and asking questions about what you are reading.
- Sight Words: off, our, day, take, too, show
Math: Counting on coins. Counting on coins reinforces counting skills.
- Wednesday, May 8 — School Mass (Mass uniform)
- Thursday, May 9 — Spring Music Performance at 7:00pm
- Monday, May 13 — 2:00pm Dismissal
- Friday, May 17 — Family Picnic at 5:30pm
- Monday, May 20 — May Procession & Rosary 8:30am
- Thursday, May 30 — K5 Graduation at 10:00am