We hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend! We would like to thank all the parents who volunteered at our Valentine’s Day celebration on Friday! The kids had a terrific time! We also appreciate all the work that went in to helping your child decorate their box.
This Week in K5:
Theme and Unit of Study: What is a President?
Religion: God Calls Us to Forgive
Language and Literacy:
- Phonics Skills: Blending words and word building
- Comprehension Skills/Strategies: Cause and effect and inferring/predicting
- Genre: Realistic Fiction
- Grammar: Verbs in the past tense. Last week, the children were taught that a verb is a word that tell us what happens. They enjoyed finding the verb in sentences!
- Sight Words: are, now
Math: Adding sums of 10 in vertical form using a ten-frame. Solving problems by using the Write a Number Sentence strategy. We will be reviewing tally marks as well.
- Please make sure your child has a snack DAILY.
- Please take at least 20 minutes a night to read with your child!
- Wednesday, February 20 – School Mass (Please refer to the handbook for proper Mass uniform attire)
- Saturday, March 2 – Angles in the Vista Auction for St. Peter’s
Have a great week!
Your K5 Team: Mrs. Creech and Ms. Moore