This week we will celebrate an important milestone: Kindergarten Graduation! Your child has grown so much over the past few months, and we can’t thank you enough for letting us be a part of their learning experience.
Please look for the Fountas & Pinnell Reading Benchmark Test update in your child’s Tuesday folder. Please sign and return by Wednesday, May 29.
On Friday, K5 celebrated the relationship of Q and U with a wedding ceremony. They had so much fun! I have attached the “vows” to the printed newsletter.
Also, at the end of the week I will be emailing a summer packet that can be downloaded and a list of recommended books. Please take the time to work with your child daily to avoid the summer slide.
Graduation Day Reminders:
- Graduation is on Thursday, May 30 at 10:00am in Neglia Hall.
- Children need to be at school at the regular time!
- They need to wear their “Sunday Best” dress clothes:
- Girls: a nice dress and shoes
- Boys: khakis or a nice pair of slacks, a polo shirt or button down
- Cake and refreshments will be served after the ceremony.
- *All of your child’s items will be sent home with them on Wednesday.
- Children will dismiss for summer break following graduation.
- Wednesday, May 29 — Last School Mass (Mass uniform)
- Thursday, May 30 — K5 Graduation at 10:00am/Dismissal following
- Friday, May 31 – Last Day of School for Gr. 1-6, 11:30 dismissal
Have a wonderful week!
Your K5 Team: Mrs. Creech and Ms. Moore