This week we will be learning about the life cycle of a butterfly. Your child will learn that unlike humans, butterflies transform or change shape though four different stages during their lifetime: egg, caterpillar (larva), chrysalis (pupa), and adult butterfly. This process is known as metamorphosis.
Also, please return your chid’s homework folder daily. We use them in small groups.
This Week in K5:
Theme and Unit of Study: Life Cycle of a Butterfly
Religion: Church is Good
Language and Literacy:
- Phonics Skills: Blending and segmenting phonemes, pausing for punctuation, and reading with fluency
- Comprehension Skills/Strategies: Sequence of events and word choice
- Genre: Informational text – gives facts about a topic.
- Sight Words: find, from, but, this, came, on
Math: Vertical subtraction
- Wednesday, March 27 — School Mass (Mass uniform)
- Monday, April 8 — 2:00pm dismissal
- Tuesday, April 9 — PTO Meeting in Neglia Hall at 5:30pm
- Friday, April 12 — 11:30am dismissal
- Monday, April 15 – Monday, April 22 — Spring/Easter break
Have a great week!
Your K5 Team: Mrs. Creech and Ms. Moore