https://stpeterscatholicschool.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Horizontal-Logo-with-Basilica-Line-scaled.jpg 0 0 Aubrey Wall https://stpeterscatholicschool.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Horizontal-Logo-with-Basilica-Line-scaled.jpg Aubrey Wall2020-03-26 10:34:592020-03-26 10:35:01PEHP At-Home Curriculum
Keep up your PEHP!
- Just dance! This is my favorite, of course, as any of the kids will tell you. There are apps you can use to turn your favorite music into a Freeze Dance game for an added twist.
- Get outside! Stay at home doesn’t necessarily mean stay inside. Use that sidewalk chalk or set up an obstacle course. Explore your yard or neighborhood (just stay 6 feet away from others)—maybe make it a scavenger hunt.
- Rainy day? Bring that scavenger hunt or your obstacle course inside!
- Foot race. Inside or outside, see who can get from point A to point B the fastest! Set a timer and see if you can get better. Great for going up and down stairs (carefully), if you have them!
- Charades. Create your own game of charades by writing out favorite books, movies, TV shows, songs, etc., on slips of paper.
- Hula hoop. See who can keep the hula hoop going the longest. Don’t have a hoop? Try imaginary hula hooping and see who has the best “tricks”!
- Balloon volleyball. Blow up a balloon and play a game of volleyball! You can do this inside without the risk of breaking something.
- Yoga. This is not only great for our bodies, but for our minds and souls as well. My favorite is Yoga with Adriene (she has a special YouTube video for kids yoga, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMMRb10LtGM), but there are many kids yoga videos out there.
- Jump rope. A great way for kids to have fun and stay active. If you have multiple kids at home get them all involved in a large group jump rope or Double Dutch!
- The classics. Now is the time for good ol’ fashioned backyard soccer, catch, basketball, tag, kickball, hide and seek…you name it!